“Robyn Reports: The Nutty Neighborhood Block Party,” produced by Hot Topics Hot Serials, is a 10-chapter serial by Stacy Tornio. The package includes illustrations by Roel Wielinga and a teacher’s guide.
The story revolves around a girl named Robyn, the force behind a weekly neighborhood newspaper. She and her intrepid reporters set out to cover the neighborhood block party so they can write about it for that week’s edition.
Events in the story take place in one day, with each chapter focusing on a happening at the block party and a related mystery. Each chapter ends with a cliffhanger leading to the next mystery. The last chapter is “The Robyn Report,” which reveals how Robyn and her friends covered the day’s events.
“Robyn Reports” comes with chapter-by-chapter lesson plans and activities to enhance the learning experience for students. Lesson plans include pre-reading questions, vocabulary lists, open-ended comprehension questions, writing prompts, activities for integrating newspaper use, and “daily edits” involving paragraphs from the story for students to correct and then check against the published work. Questions and assignments are written directly to students so that they can be used as written.
Author Stacy Tornio is available for promotional interviews. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 460-3050. Her website is www.robynreports.com.
You can download everything you need for this serial story free from our site. But first, you must read and agree to our rules for publication.
This serial story is provided to you at no cost. However, there are some basic rules you must follow:
- NewText and illustrations are provided for 10 chapters. The text is available in English only; the illustrations are both color and black & white.
- A teacher’s guide also is provided (English only).
- Design of the serial is up to each individual newspaper or NIE program. Chapters have not been formatted by the American Press Institute because newspapers use different sizes and configurations for serials.
- Each chapter and any promotional ads must include the American Press Institute logo, which is included in the list of downloads.
- Sponsor logos for each chapter are permitted, with the exception of industries marketing products such as tobacco, alcohol, etc. NIE programs using this serial are responsible for meeting all ABC sponsorship guidelines.
- The serial may not be posted on NIE or newspaper websites unless they are secure, password-protected sites. The serial may be printed out and sent to teachers. It may not be sent electronically, as it is intended to be an in-newspaper feature.
- The teacher’s guide may be printed out, sent electronically or posted on NIE or newspaper websites.
- Each chapter must be credited to Stacy Tornio. All illustrations must be credited to Roel Wielinga.
By downloading or using this story you submit that you have read and understood all of the rules, terms and conditions set forth above, and you agree to be bound by them. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to execute this agreement for the legal entity on whose behalf you are accepting the terms of this agreement.