The American Press Institute is hiring a developer on an ongoing freelance basis to support API’s Metrics for News application.
The PHP Developer is responsible for maintaining existing PHP code, writing and optimizing SQL queries, and developing custom PHP solutions. For this position, we are seeking applicants with strong PHP development skills who are eager to make immediate contributions to our product.
- Very strong background in PHP 5 and 7 and MySQL
- Basic understanding of Amazon Web Services, including CodeCommit, EC2, RDS and S3
- Experience with Adobe Omniture/Analytics and Google Analytics APIs preferred
- Strong background in Git
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and many external partners
- Familiarity with the news business and current issues affecting the news industry is helpful, but not necessary
This is a part-time position that will have an expectation of up to 20 hours a week. Please let us know also if you are interested in a possible full-time position if it becomes available, or not. Candidates may work remotely. The chief success engineer who assigns tasks works from Morrisville, NC, and the team is based from API’s office in Arlington, VA.
Metrics for News is an application that helps newsrooms contextualize their web analytics for journalism. Our team of 4 works with newsrooms across the country to help them understand how particular audiences engage with their content and how to make better content strategy decisions based on the information pulled out of Metrics for News.
The American Press Institute is a nonprofit organization based in Arlington, VA, that leads and inspires innovation in the news industry. Foremost, we help local news publishers grow and sustain their businesses by better by focusing on the audiences’ needs and behaviors.
Please apply here if interested. Email email@example.com with any questions.