API is seeking a UX/UI Designer for product redesign
The American Press Institute is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer or design firm to help on a contractor/freelance basis with a product relaunch.
In this project, the designer will work with API and its clients to refresh an existing web application for analytics and content strategy.
- Designer will optimize the app UX for navigation, usability, and information usefulness based on designer’s own knowledge of best practices, API’s input, and gathering feedback from select customers. This involves conceiving and designing data presentation, interfaces for users to enter data and manage settings, and reports or dashboards in which users can explore visualized data analytics.
- Designer will also conduct a full UI redesign for the app to produce a more consistent, modern and brand-reinforcing visual theme. This will consist of working with API to define styles, fonts, and visual elements, followed by executing wireframes and finally working directly in our systems to create the CSS and other front-end code to implement the new UI.
During an introductory video call or meeting we can show prospective designers the current system and collaboratively define the scope of the work and the roles and process the designer would play.
Designers should have the following experience or skills:
- Experience with end-to-end product design (from ideation to full production and prototyping skills), including supporting engineering with production design and creating CSS
- Experience defining requirements, not just translating existing requirements into designs
- Ability to simplify complex experiences elegantly
- Solid understanding and experience with designing effective data visualization tools and dashboards.
- Can perform both interaction design as well as visual design
- A portfolio and website that demonstrates cross platform design experience creating responsive layouts for desktop, mobile, web and apps that exhibit excellent use of information architecture, layout, color and imagery ( graphic design and typography skills a big plus)
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills, using standard design tools i.e. Sketch, Framer, Adobe XD, Sketch, Principle, Flinto, Invision, etc.
- Experience conducting semi-structured user interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote e.g. Userzoom, usertesting.com, etc.
- Ability to translate insights from user studies into meaningful user flows that create a delightful user experience
- Familiarity with news analytics is a plus
To apply send an email with a bio or note about yourself, a CV/resume, link to your portfolio and three professional references attached to Liz Worthington, Director of Content Strategy firstname.lastname@example.org.